Monday, January 5, 2009

Fetch?

Maizie decided that today she knows how to play fetch. I assure you- I have tried numerous times to teach her how to play fetch to which retorted by running off with her toy and not returning or- returning with her 30-pound self and not her toy.

But today... today, she decided she knew how to play. She dropped her squeaky toy next to my chair and looked up a me with a hopeful eye. Delighted, I threw the toy as she ran to chase it... and brought it back!

We did this a few times before she disappeared again into another room. But alas, later on she returned for a second round. Once I started with the commands, however, oh no, it was game over. Apparently, there was no way I was getting credit for teaching her how to play.
She certainly wasn't having that.

And she certainly wasn't playing by my rules.

So Maizie was back to her old Maizie self and I was back to whatever it was I was doing before. Her little mind is an enigma.

I think she likes to keep me guessing.

No comments: